Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO)
PTSO provides support to the students, faculty and staff. The organization typically meets once a month and decides how to leverage financial and community resources available to meet the needs of SMS. PTSO hosts a variety of activities for students, provides teachers with mini grants to purchase items for their classrooms and sponsors Teacher Appreciation Week through gifts, food and recognition.
If you are interested in joining the PTSO, please contact the PTSO current and past president, Mr. and Mrs. Davis at Davis@polk-fl.net.
School Advisory Council
The School Advisory Council meets monthly to for school and district-wide updates and serves as advisors to the school administration in areas such as:
- Determine school improvement priorities
- Publicize the School Improvement Plan
- Support School Improvement Plan implementation
- Evaluate the School Improvement Plan
- Assist in the decision-making process and approval of expenditures of District Lottery Funds and School Recognition Funds, as well as review the school budget
If you are interested in becoming a member of the School Advisory Council, please contact Matt Blankenship, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org.